St Breward, Bodmin, Cornwall PL30 4NL
Data controller and owner:
East Rose, St Breward, Bodmin, Cornwall PL30 4NL
What we collect
We collect information about you from you when you make an enquiry via our website, by post or over the telephone, or when you make a booking. We may collect the following data:
- Name, address and postcode.
- Contact information including telephone number, mobile and email address.
- Credit / debit card details for holiday payment.
- Other information relevant to your holiday including but not limited to your vehicle registration number, disabled badge number.
- In our enquiry form and on our booking form, we ask if you would be happy to receive newsletters by email from us. If you have consented to this, we will use the email address you have entered in the booking form to send you our newsletters via a mailing service (MailChimp). You can unsubscribe at any time by contacting us. Subject to this, we only use the information entered in our booking form to deal with your booking request.
- We also collect information about you via the 'Subscribe to our mailing list' form on our website. We use this information to send you our newsletters by email via MailChimp. When you click on the Subscribe button on that form, your information will be transferred to MailChimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp's privacy practices here. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails.
This data may be collected during the course of the enquiry, reservation or booking process.
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information automatically such as:
- Your IP address
- How you found our website
- The number of times you visited our website
- The pages that you visit
Data collected automatically when you access our website is used to help us improve our website and ensure that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
When you visit our site, footage may be recorded on our CCTV system. CCTV is in place to help provide security. CCTV will only be viewed when necessary (e.g. to detect or prevent crime) and footage is only stored temporarily.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information in order to understand your needs and to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To send you periodical promotional emails or newsletters regarding our cottages or offers that we think may be of interest to you.
- Security and safety on site (vehicle registration number)
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for marketing purposes. We may contact you by telephone, mobile, email or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To monitor the safety of our site and guests in order to prevent and detect crime and anti-social behaviour.
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
We embed videos from YouTube on some pages of this
website. These may also set cookies on your computer if you visit pages
with embedded videos. Read more at YouTube's embedding videos information
The cookie banner on our website uses a cookie to remember when users have consented to cookies.
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop this website from functioning properly.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Storage of your personal data and Security
All information collected is stored on our internal secure network and/or our paper filing system.
We will retain the information that you provide to us for as long as it is needed and for the purposes for which it was originally intended. Data security is of great importance to us and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data. In some cases, we will need to retain your details to meet legal requirements. When we do not require your information any more, it will be disposed of securely.
Data collected will not be passed on or sold to any third parties for marketing or advertising purposes.
Information will only be shared with third parties when necessary to provide the service you are purchasing. You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties including:
• business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
• If East Rose is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing us at email@example.com
You have the right to access your personal data. You can do this by contacting East Rose in writing - proof of ID will be required. Any access request may be subject to a small administration fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
East Rose has the discretion to update this policy at any time. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 06.03.2019.